Friday, March 16, 2012

No More ICU!

From Celeste:

"I'm out of the ICU now, back on the 8th floor/bone marrow transplant unit. The worse part of the ICU was the breathing tube. The best part was the nurses! They might be able to let me drink soon. I really want grape juice and some flat cherry coke. My cough is better. My chest xray was good this morning. I love not having fevers!!! I hope I get well enough to do the transplant without complications."

Celeste has been in the bone marrow transplant unit since Thursday afternoon.  She is still struggling with nausea, but it's lessening each day, and her caugh is getting much better.  She has been able to keep her white blood cell count up, and her doctors are pleased with how the chemo levels in her blood have been dropping since she finished this round.

Today we got test results from having Celeste's siblings tested to be her bone marrow transplant donor - sadly, none of them match.  But, we were told that there are over 90 matches on the donor registry.  Celeste's doctors will continue to monitor her blood to determine what, if any other chemo treatments are needed before her final chemo just before the transplant.  Celeste and her family have been so blessed during this trying time by all of your prayers and support, thank you everyone.

She'll make it!

                                                             Moving out of the ICU, yay!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you've been able to move! And that there are over 90 donor matches!! Such a huge relief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Celeste! :) We are so glad there are good doctors and nurses to help you....that you are such a strength and example to us....that you have such beautiful parents and siblings...and that there are so many praying for you! We love you, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay yay yay! All good news. I hope be in Salt Lake soon so I can come see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news!!! I am relieved to her there are matches. Just know you have a HUGE family behind you sending you their love. We are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HY HONEY I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE OUT OF ICU,AND THAT YOU ARE DOING BETTER.KEEP FIGTING WITH ALLYOU HAVE AND REMEMBER THE LORD IS WITH YOU.WE LOVE YOU AND WE WILL PRAY FOR YOU.SONIA AND VAL BROWN

    ReplyDelete