Sunday, March 25, 2012

Going Home!

"After much deliberation, the doctors finally decided to let me go home Saturday afternoon.  I love being home with my family and cats - the only thing I miss from the hospital is eating a popsicle every morning lol. Just as I was leaving my room, several of my music therapy friends came to visit me after the Western Region Music Therapy Conference that was held in Salt Lake that day.  It was so nice to see them, and I'm glad they caught me in time.  The sang me a song, and sent me their love and everyone elses up at school.  I hope to one day be able to sing as well as they do again.  Now there's a good goal!"

"I'm doing much better.  I can walk on my own now, and I'm not attached to an IV pole, which is very nice.  I still struggle a little bit with eating, but I like to believe that I'm getting better in that area daily also.  I am much more alert and talkative than I was when I was in the ICU and immediately after.  I'm sleeping more, which my nurse said is a good thing, because my body is healing."

"I will be returning to the hospital this weekend for one more round of chemotherapy before my transplant.  Hopefully I will only be there for less than a week this time, since I am getting stronger and have no infections to set me back.  The bone marrow team is still looking for an exact donor, but I have more than 90 options, so I am well off.  Thank you all for your continued love, support and prayers, they mean a lot to me."

"Here are some pictures of me with my Music Therapy friends on my way out to the car to go home."





1 comment:

  1. FABULOUS news, Celeste. Enjoy your time at home. And know how we love and pray for you always. Love, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Val

    ReplyDelete