Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quick Update

Alright, so 2 Fridays ago my platelets were at 22, and they went DOWN to 20 the following Tuesday!  Grr!!!  But the good news is that 3 days after that they went up to 55!  So we're crossing our fingers that they'll be up to 75 by Tuesday for my 4th treatment.  At least we know now that the bone marrow has nothing to do with my platelet problem.  It's just not as healthy as they'd like it to be. 

So last night I noticed some red bumps on my back....Shingles....my arch nemesis!  This is the FOURTH time that I've gotten shingles.  However, I only had it really bad the first time I got it a few years ago.  Since then I've been able to catch in within the first 72 hours and got medication for it to stop it in its tracks.  So no worries :)  I got some medication today for it so it should be gone within the next couple of days. 

Thank you all for your continuous prayers.  I am doing quite well, despite the shingles and the platelet battle.  I hope to see many of you at the benefit concert tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment