Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Good News & Bad News

Ok, I'll start with the good news.  I got the pet scan results back and the tumors are 95% gone!  Which means I only have to have 3 more treatments :)  Thank you for the prayers everyone, I know that they helped.  Also, it looks like a spleenectomy is no longer in the future.  Hooray!  However, I may yet need to have a bone marrow transplant at some point.

Now, this isn't really bad news, but it's just kind of annoying.  Yesterday I went in to have my fourth treatment.  That didn't really work out....my platelets were at 10 (got another transfusion).  Not because of my spleen, but because of this virus (that apparently ISN'T shingles) that I have on my back and/or the medication that I'm taking for it.  *sigh*  Oh well.  Is it weird that I get so excited for them to poison me? lol.  I just want to get my treatments over with.  But the Lord knows that, so I guess he's trying to teach me patience!  That will be my lifelong trial, way more than cancer.  Especially since I'm going to be better in a couple months!  Yay!

Also, thank you to everyone who came to the benefit concert!  It was so fun!  I loved seeing everyone, especially my Logan buddies who I don't see very often anymore.  It was such an awesome night, thank you for making it so special for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment