Sunday, September 11, 2011

Postponed Treatment

Well, I was supposed to get my 3rd chemotherapy treatment this last Tuesday, but my platelets were only at 35 and they need to be at least 75, so they postponed it another week.  We're going to try again this Tuesday.  Decisions about spleen removal are still undecided. 

Although it was unfortunate that my treatment was postponed, it also meant another week of feeling good!  On Monday we went boating with some friends and I had a lovely time sitting on the boat enjoying nice weather and watching my siblings and their friends fly off the tube we were pulling lol.  AWESOME.  I found it was much more enjoyable to watch than to be the one slamming into the water ;)  This week was also corn harvesting week, so I can honestly say that I've shucked my fair share of corn!  I've really been enjoying the beautiful weather and the quiet days while the kids are at school and enjoy spending time with my mother or reading, working on my cross stitch, and playing the piano.  I've also been doing exercises to try to rebuild muscle because I lost so much before I started treatments.  Rest assured I am doing very well and am just hoping for higher platelets so I can finish treatments before Christmas.  Thank you all for your continued prayers!

1 comment:

  1. You went BOATING?! Awesome. Don't forget that you've been watching The Office!!

    ReplyDelete