Friday, September 30, 2011

Celeste's Spleen Problem - Some Specifics

The technical term for the low platelet problem Celeste is battling with is
immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP). We go meet with doctors again today to discuss
blood levels and spleen removal. I thought I better understand better what is going on.
This link has some good - specific information.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/itp/

Check out the tabs along the left side. The best tabs are WHAT IS....
                                                                                    CAUSES
                                                                                    TREATMENTS

 

1 comment:

  1. My 12 year old has ITP. It almost put me in the nut house trying to figure out what to do with her. Have they tried to give her the RH- factor? I forget the names they give. Alisha is RH- so this was not an option for her. I will keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete