Thursday, April 5, 2012

ICU update

Celeste was placed on the ventilator again last night because she was having such difficulty breathing.  She had seemed pretty good the last couple of days.  We met with the doctors and staff late this morning, they showed us lung xrays showing how the disease has rapidly progressed.  If they took her off the ventilator, she would die within seconds.  They are trying to keep her comfortable and fed through a feeding tube and are still trying chemo but, based on recent experience and the progression of the lymphoma, they don't see her turning around.  They think her body will shut down within the next few days.  All but Christian went to see her tonight, he will come tomorrow.  She was conscious but drugged.  We gave her a blessing of comfort and strength, but we haven't told her any specifics yet.  Thank you for all your love and prayers. 

12 comments:

  1. I am so, so sad to hear this update. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you work through this difficult time. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers go to Celeste and her angels. May God give comfort and peace to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This breaks my heart. Celeste and your whole family are in our prayers and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any way friends can visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Adam called this afternoon I couldn't help but cry. Please know that our love and prayers are with you all. I am certain the Lord will bless you all through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Monkey! You will be in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are sending our prayers, I don't know what else to send. Sara and Whitney are planning to come today. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is aching. We love u Celeste! Praying for peace, comfort and a miracle for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Poll family! My heart goes out to you all! I wish I could hug everyone and share your burdens now. I'm praying fervently for you all. I know that Angels are there roundabout to lift you up right now. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying! Praying! Praying! I know Celeste to be a strong and vibrant woman, and she will forever be so. If this is indeed her time, then I pray for a swift and peaceful passing. If it is not her time, then I pray for strength to overcome fully. I am also praying for strength and guidance for all those caring for her and her family. May the Lord bless this time in your lives!
    Lillieth Grand (one of Celeste's former music therapy faculty)

    ReplyDelete