Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday


Not much different to report today.  Celeste’s fevers persist.  She is still sedated but a little more alert – blinking now and then, reacting a little more to care.  She gets a bag of platelets every 2 hours.  Her kidneys are worse than yesterday so they are trying to incrementally pull down the ventilator pressure without compromising her oxygen levels.  They have also introduced stool softener in an attempt to move her bowel, not only for comfort but to reduce her abdominal swelling, which is mostly fluid retention.  Her last round of chemo was given just before 5:00 p.m.  The morning x-ray will hopefully give us an indication of whether that will improve her lungs any.  That’s where things really seem to hinge. 
We apologize to those who are anxiously waiting for updates.  It is difficult to balance reporting with interacting with Docs and nurses, caring for Celeste, making decisions etc.  It is very kind for people to be following her progress so closely.
It has been a peaceful day to be in Celeste's presence. We are grateful for the opportunity to contemplate and celebrate the Atonement and Resurrection!

                                                        Celeste's nurse put these flowers on her bed today :)  
                                        

7 comments:

  1. You certainly don't need to apolofize, but thank you for the update. You have been in our prayers constantly. Having lost a child we are praying that you don't have to go through it. However, we also know that a loving Heavenly Father is in charge and,will bless you with angels seen & unseen as you go through this trial. We love your family and will continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update! Love you Celeste! My prayers are with you and all those that are close to you and care for you! Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you all. We are praying for peace for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Celeste! Miracles do happen, whether the miracle comes for her body in this life or the next. Love and peace to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Celeste, I miss you girl! Easter is truly an amazing day and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. It's so comforting to know that Christ suffered and has felt all the pain that we do. It's also comforting to know that you have such an incredible support system. I love you! Thanks to whoever updates this blog, you are so wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celeste, you are an amazing woman! My heart breaks when I read these updates (recent ones anyways). Josh and I are prying for you. We love you! I'm so sorry you have such a tough battle to fight. But if anyone can pull through, odds and all, its you! If there was some way for me to transfer physical strength to you, I would. But until that becomes possible I will continue to pray for God to strengthen you for me! He is better at it after all and is much stronger. Please know how much you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am an acquaintance of Celeste's from high school...I know how hard it is to balance updating a blog and caring for a loved one as I did this last fall with my sister, but we really do appreciate the updates. I have been thinking and praying for Celeste and your family at this time

    ReplyDelete