Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh Transfusions, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

So.....two days ago my platelets were less then 1.  LESS than 1!!  I think that's as close to 0 as I can get.....the nurse had to run my blood SIX times cause nothing was even showing up....barely detectable.  But again, thank goodness for transfusions.  Thanks to all who donate.  I need your beautiful platelets!  I went back for another CBC today, and they gave me 2 more transfusions.  But at least my platelets were higher: 11.  The good news is that I didn't need any blood transfusions!  I'm doing much better than Monday and Tuesday in any case.  My tummy is giving me a little more grief than usual, I think I caught something that my sister had.  But at least it's not unbearable, and it shouldn't last long.

I talked to this sweet young lady today while I was at IMC getting my transfusions.  She was there to get her first chemo treatment for Breast Cancer.  She's only 29 years old, is married and has a little 3 year old girl.  Poor thing....she looked so terrified.  I know it was nice for me to be able to talk to people who could explain things in a different way than doctors could cause they had actually experienced it, so I hope I was able to help her some.  So if you need someone else to pray for too, there you go! :)

Ok, so I know it's not Halloween anymore, but my mom bought this a couple weeks ago
and hung it on my door and I just think it's hilarious!  ALL of my siblings thought it was real and 
were totally grossed out.  hehehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment