Wednesday, November 30, 2011

5 down, 1 to go!!!

I had my 5th treatment last Tuesday.  That was the first time since the beginning of treatments that I only had 4 weeks in between cycles instead of 5 lol.  So it was still postponed a little, but hey, I'll take what I can get!  Last week I did pretty good while I was on the prednisone (gotta love steroids!), and then on Sunday, like usual, it hit.  I had a nose bleed that took me over 2 hours to stop.  Stupid platelets!  So lo and behold when I went in to UCS on Monday to get a CBC my platelets were at 2. No surprises there lol.  So I got a transfusion.  As usual.  Then I wasn't supposed to go in again until today (Wednesday) but I got another nosebleed on Tuesday.  Did a CBC at the hospital: platelets were 3.  So I got another transfusion.  The good news is......I didn't get a nosebleed today!!!!! haha.  I've also been a little more nautious than usual the past few days, but it's starting to get better so no worries :)  The only thing that's driving me nuts right now is that my mom has me quarantined in my room and will only let me go out if I wear a mask because half of my family is sick and my white blood cell count is really low right now from the chemo. Good thing I have a TV (thank you Uncle Doug) and lots of books lol.  

So despite everything I just said, (lol) I really am doing well.  I'm looking forward to only having one treatment left and to be able to stop fighting this platelet battle.  Although, I am going to miss the nurses at the transfusion center! Thank you everyone for your continued prayers!  It really is helping me get better! :)

Much love,

Celeste

1 comment: